The Monthly Roar

The Student News Site of Maryvale Preparatory School

The Monthly Roar

The Monthly Roar

Sights and sounds from a championship softball team

An inside look from the Softball Manager Sophie Kelly

Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes to make a Maryvale sports team so successful? It’s not only the athletes and coaches who work hard everyday in games and practices, but also the amazing student team managers. This year’s softball team had an amazing season and we had the privilege of talking to the team manager, Sophie Kelly right before they won their 2024 championship! We asked about topics like the team dynamic to her own personal decision to become the softball manager in the first place. 

What made you decide to manage softball this year? 

I’ve always loved being involved with sports and wanted to be involved with something in the spring so I decided to manage softball since I loved the coaches and players. 

How would you describe the chemistry of the team? 

The captains do a great job of lifting the team up. They are a very hype team and love to win and work well together to do so. 

What’s your favorite part of being the softball manager?

My favorite part of being softball manager are the connections I made with the coaches and players. I loved spending time on and off the field with them. 

What’s been the most rewarding part of your experience?

Seeing the team grow and make their way to the championship!!

Thank you Sophie for giving us a snapshot into what it’s really like to be a team manager here at Maryvale. We are so proud of our amazing Softball team and all they accomplished this year which wouldn’t be possible without an entire team effort!