The Monthly Roar

The Student News Site of Maryvale Preparatory School

The Monthly Roar

The Monthly Roar

A Bite Out of The Big Apple: Sierra

Highlights from the senior NYC trip!
A Bite Out of The Big Apple: Sierra

The seniors took on New York! Our grade had the chance to go on our senior trip to New York March 7-8th and we really enjoyed ourselves! We left Maryvale Thursday morning and everyone was dressed up or getting themselves ready for the day ahead. We had a kind of late start but we eventually left and got comfortable on the bus. We stopped for food about halfway through because of the time but then got back on for another 2 or so hours. The rest of the way me and many other people started getting ready and doing our makeup for the day ahead. We made our way into the city and after a few minutes a tour guide joined us who would be taking us around the city. Our first stop was Saint Patrick’s Cathedral which was beautiful inside and from the we had free time to do whatever we wanted.My friends and I went into the Lego store which was really really cool and then to Victoria secret to buy some perfumes. Later we came back together as a group and headed to Margaritaville for dinner before the Broadway show. The show was called “six” and it was about King Henry’s six wives. It was a great show and everyone loved it. Later we headed to our hotel which was right outside of the city, and just hung out and spent time together before we slept. The next day’s plan was really just to explore the city and we had a lot of built in freetime. After we got ready our first stop was Central Park which we just walked through for a little as a group, and then separated to do what we wanted. My friends and I got breakfast and then after a while decided on our plan for the day. We decided to head to Soho so we could do shopping and be in a different part of town. We took the Subway and this is where my New Yorker skills came in, because my mom is from New York so i’ve used the Subway time and time again. We looked around in many shops that were really cool like Nike, Pacsun, some jewelry stores and even some vendors on the street. Although we ended up spending most of our time in Zara and we all got a bunch of things. I also stopped and got shoes which was definitely fun, but then I had to carry all those bags. We met back up as a full group and headed to a beautiful restaurant that served Pizza and more. It was really good. After that our time had ended and we headed back to Maryvale. It was a great trip and a fun way to celebrate and unite the senior class! 

Photos: