The Monthly Roar

The Student News Site of Maryvale Preparatory School

The Monthly Roar

The Monthly Roar

Mini Horror Stories

Creative Writing Club Celebrates Halloween with these Tiny Tales!
Mini Horror Stories

I rounded the corner; he saw me. Taking off, the bullets ricocheted around my ankles, in a burst of air. Being hunted by the notorious assassin made my heart beat faster, the corners of my eyes bubble. The bullets stopped, I slowed. The painted hallways and velvet flooring went on, gave me time. But just as I felt safe, a gun loaded, I was trapped. Praying for safety, I stashed myself in a closet, locked the door, and hid behind a cabinet. Something hit the door hard and light came flying in. Looking up, my sister stood before me.

By: Sarah Karpowicz

I still have nightmares about it, nightmares about the man. It was 2 a.m. when I woke up. The moonlight was the only light in the room, making everything in the room just visible enough to see. My body was frozen like ice. No matter how much I tried I couldn’t move anything. I felt a cold sweat dripping down my forehead. That’s when I saw the man, the creature. It had no arms or legs. It was a dark, shadowy figure with bright white eyes. It didn’t move; it just stood at the foot of my bed, watching me. Thankfully it was only there for a minute before I could move my body and I got up. But ever since that day I’ve spent many restless nights wondering what would happen if I hadn’t moved; what would the man do?

By: Maria Apesos

“We have to leave. Now.” their voices sounded breathless and almost distorted. I could barely hear their words over the door banging. I tried jiggling the door knob and all I was greeted with was shrieks. The door won’t work. The night itself was quiet, so I tried my hardest to not step on someone I shouldn’t. The back window. I never locked it last time; I can trust that they haven’t figured out how to do it yet. I grabbed my father’s old shotgun, slamming it into the window pane. With the shattering glass, I saw their unearthly faces.

By: Lauryn Gibbs

I still have nightmares about it. That foggy night still clouds my mind. Driving down an empty forest road, raindrops plummet to the ground. The mud clogged my tires, spinning me out of control. The rain flooding my windshield, blinding me, forcing me to stop. But the rain, it never stopped for me. Rushing down the road like a dam just broke, the water raced toward me. Flooding into the car, me feet getting soaked, the cold water turned warm by my sweat. My only one that could break me out now is that deer, the one in my headlights.

By: Bailey Parton